Saturday, May 6, 2023

CAUSE of suffering

 

Judges 16:13

King James Version

13 And Delilah said unto Samson, 

Hitherto thou hast mocked me, and told me lies: 

tell me wherewith thou mightest be bound. 

And he said unto her, 

If thou weavest the seven locks of my head 

with the web.


What is the real cause of suffering?

Why do we suffer so?

Is man aware at all?

What does Scripture say?

What does the born again believe?

What has SPIRIT taught us?

Here's what we know.

It's a very fine thing, this web.

We are all caught in a web.

Usually, of our own making.

Suffering is caused by sin.

The first sin?

Disobedience.

Genesis 3:9-13

King James Version

9 And the Lord God called unto Adam, 

and said unto him, Where art thou?

10 And he said, I heard thy voice in the garden, 

and I was afraid, because I was naked; 

and I hid myself.

11 And he said, 

Who told thee that thou wast naked? 

Hast thou eaten of the tree, 

whereof I commanded thee 

that thou shouldest not eat?

12 And the man said, 

The woman whom thou gavest to be with me, 

she gave me of the tree, 

and I did eat.

13 And the Lord God said unto the woman, 

What is this that thou hast done? 

And the woman said, 

The serpent beguiled me, 

and I did eat.


After the fall, man's existence was cursed by GOD:

Genesis 3:16

King James Version

16 Unto the woman he said, 

I will greatly multiply thy sorrow and thy conception; 

in sorrow thou shalt bring forth children; 

and thy desire shall be to thy husband, 

and he shall rule over thee.


Genesis 3:17-19

King James Version

17 And unto Adam he said, 

Because thou hast hearkened 

unto the voice of thy wife, 

and hast eaten of the tree, 

of which I commanded thee, 

saying, 

Thou shalt not eat of it: 

cursed is the ground for thy sake; 

in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18 Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; 

and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, 

till thou return unto the ground; 

for out of it wast thou taken: 

for dust thou art, 

and unto dust shalt thou return.


It all went downhill after that.

Sin had already corrupted our hearts.

Our world has not gotten back up, since.

Despite the flood, and all.

Man continues to sin.

Satan continues to deceive.

JESUS castigates us all:

John 8:44-45

King James Version

44 Ye are of your father the devil, 

and the lusts of your father ye will do. 

He was a murderer from the beginning, 

and abode not in the truth, 

because there is no truth in him. 

When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: 

for he is a liar, and the father of it.

45 And because I tell you the truth, 

ye believe me not.


Whoever admonished us, is the ONE that saved us.

That's JESUS.

Who shows us the way.

Who saved us from our sins.

Who leads us back to GOD.

The next post reveals the LORD's love for us.

And the nature of His heart.


Related posts:

cause of wars

Sins of society

SINS of the FLESH

Sin AWARENESS

The devil's DEVICES

JESUS and Satan

CAUSE for CHEER


Image: Clipart Library


PURPOSE of AFFLICTION

  Psalm 119:71 King James Version 71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted;  that I might learn thy statutes . Until GOD made me bor...