Sunday, May 7, 2023

GOD of COMFORT

 


Psalm 18:6

King James Version

6 In my distress I called upon the Lord, 

and cried unto my God: 

he heard my voice out of his temple, 

and my cry came before him, 

even into his ears.


How does GOD help us?

Who does He help?

What hope does GOD give us?

What makes GOD listen to us?

No matter what affliction, call upon the LORD.

And you shall see what these verses mean:

Psalm 23

King James Version

23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.

2 He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: 

he leadeth me beside the still waters.

3 He restoreth my soul: 

he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness 

for his name's sake.

4 Yea, though I walk 

through the valley of the shadow of death, 

I will fear no evil: 

for thou art with me; 

thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

5 Thou preparest a table before me 

in the presence of mine enemies: 

thou anointest my head with oil; 

my cup runneth over.

6 Surely goodness and mercy 

shall follow me all the days of my life: 

and I will dwell in the house of the Lord for ever.


Psalm 86:7

King James Version

7 In the day of my trouble I will call upon thee: 

for thou wilt answer me.


Psalm 119:49-50

King James Version

49 Remember the word unto thy servant, 

upon which thou hast caused me to hope.

50 This is my comfort in my affliction: 

for thy word hath quickened me.


Isaiah 12:1-3

King James Version

12 And in that day thou shalt say, 

O Lord, I will praise thee: 

though thou wast angry with me, 

thine anger is turned away, 

and thou comfortedst me.

2 Behold, 

God is my salvation; 

I will trust, 

and not be afraid: 

for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; 

he also is become my salvation.

3 Therefore with joy shall ye draw water 

out of the wells of salvation.


Isaiah 40:28-31

King James Version

28 Hast thou not known? 

hast thou not heard, 

that the everlasting God, 

the Lord, 

the Creator of the ends of the earth, 

fainteth not, 

neither is weary? 

there is no searching of his understanding.

29 He giveth power to the faint; 

and to them that have no might he increaseth strength.

30 Even the youths shall faint and be weary, 

and the young men shall utterly fall:

31 But they that wait upon the Lord 

shall renew their strength; 

they shall mount up with wings as eagles; 

they shall run, and not be weary; 

and they shall walk, and not faint.


Isaiah 49:13

King James Version

13 Sing, O heavens; 

and be joyful, O earth; 

and break forth into singing, O mountains: 

for the Lord hath comforted his people, 

and will have mercy upon his afflicted.


Isaiah 51:11-13

King James Version

11 Therefore the redeemed of the Lord shall return, 

and come with singing unto Zion; 

and everlasting joy shall be upon their head: 

they shall obtain gladness and joy; 

and sorrow and mourning shall flee away.

12 I, even I, 

am he that comforteth you: 

who art thou, 

that thou shouldest be afraid of a man that shall die, 

and of the son of man which shall be made as grass;

13 And forgettest the Lord thy maker, 

that hath stretched forth the heavens, 

and laid the foundations of the earth; 

and hast feared continually every day 

because of the fury of the oppressor, 

as if he were ready to destroy? 

and where is the fury of the oppressor?


Matthew 11:28-30

King James Version

28 Come unto me, 

all ye that labour and are heavy laden, 

and I will give you rest.

29 Take my yoke upon you, 

and learn of me; 

for I am meek and lowly in heart: 

and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

30 For my yoke is easy, 

and my burden is light.


Luke 4:17-21

King James Version

17 And there was delivered unto him 

the book of the prophet Esaias. 

And when he had opened the book, 

he found the place where it was written,

18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, 

because he hath anointed me 

to preach the gospel to the poor; 

he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, 

to preach deliverance to the captives, 

and recovering of sight to the blind, 

to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19 To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20 And he closed the book, 

and he gave it again to the minister, 

and sat down. 

And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue 

were fastened on him.

21 And he began to say unto them, 

This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.


John 3:16-17

King James Version

16 For God so loved the world, 

that he gave his only begotten Son, 

that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, 

but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world 

to condemn the world; 

but that the world through him 

might be saved.


John 10:9

King James Version

9 I am the door: 

by me if any man enter in, 

he shall be saved, 

and shall go in and out, 

and find pasture.


John 14:1-4

King James Version

14 Let not your heart be troubled: 

ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: 

if it were not so, I would have told you. 

I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, 

I will come again, 

and receive you unto myself; 

that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.


John 16:22

King James Version

22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: 

but I will see you again, 

and your heart shall rejoice, 

and your joy no man taketh from you.


John 16:33

King James Version

33 These things I have spoken unto you, 

that in me ye might have peace. 

In the world ye shall have tribulation: 

but be of good cheer; 

I have overcome the world.


Romans 8:26-27

King James Version

26 Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: 

for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: 

but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us 

with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27 And he that searcheth the hearts 

knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, 

because he maketh intercession for the saints 

according to the will of God.


Romans 8:28

King James Version

28 And we know 

that all things work together for good 

to them that love God, 

to them who are the called 

according to his purpose.


Romans 8:29

King James Version

29 For whom he did foreknow, 

he also did predestinate 

to be conformed to the image of his Son, 

that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.


Romans 8:30

King James Version

30 Moreover whom he did predestinate, 

them he also called: 

and whom he called, them he also justified: 

and whom he justified, them he also glorified.


Romans 8:31-32

King James Version

31 What shall we then say to these things? 

If God be for us, who can be against us?

32 He that spared not his own Son, 

but delivered him up for us all, 

how shall he not with him 

also freely give us all things?


Romans 8:33

King James Version

33 Who shall lay any thing 

to the charge of God's elect? 

It is God that justifieth.


Romans 8:34

King James Version

34 Who is he that condemneth? 

It is Christ that died, 

yea rather, that is risen again, 

who is even at the right hand of God, 

who also maketh intercession for us.


Romans 8:35-39

King James Version

35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? 

shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, 

or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

36 As it is written, 

For thy sake we are killed all the day long; 

we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors 

through him that loved us.

38 For I am persuaded, 

that neither death, nor life, 

nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers,

nor things present, nor things to come,

39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, 

shall be able to separate us from the love of God, 

which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


2 Corinthians 1:3-5

King James Version

3 Blessed be God, 

even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 

the Father of mercies, 

and the God of all comfort;

4 Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, 

that we may be able to comfort them 

which are in any trouble, 

by the comfort wherewith we ourselves 

are comforted of God.

5 For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, 

so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.


Revelation 21:1-7

King James Version

21 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: 

for the first heaven and the first earth 

were passed away; 

and there was no more sea.

2 And I John saw the holy city, 

new Jerusalem, 

coming down from God out of heaven, 

prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, 

Behold, 

the tabernacle of God is with men, 

and he will dwell with them, 

and they shall be his people, 

and God himself shall be with them, 

and be their God.

4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; 

and there shall be no more death, 

neither sorrow, 

nor crying, 

neither shall there be any more pain: 

for the former things are passed away.

5 And he that sat upon the throne said, 

Behold, 

I make all things new. 

And he said unto me, 

Write: for these words are true and faithful.

6 And he said unto me, 

It is done. 

I am Alpha and Omega, 

the beginning and the end. 

I will give unto him that is athirst 

of the fountain of the water of life freely.

7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; 

and I will be his God, 

and he shall be my son.


Revelation 21:22-27

King James Version

22 And I saw no temple therein: 

for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb 

are the temple of it.

23 And the city had no need of the sun, 

neither of the moon, to shine in it: 

for the glory of God did lighten it, 

and the Lamb is the light thereof.

24 And the nations of them which are saved 

shall walk in the light of it: 

and the kings of the earth 

do bring their glory and honour into it.

25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: 

for there shall be no night there.

26 And they shall bring the glory and honour 

of the nations into it.

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it 

any thing that defileth, 

neither whatsoever worketh abomination, 

or maketh a lie: 

but they which are written 

in the Lamb's book of life.


The whole Bible is a story of GOD's LOVE.

Of His longsuffering love for us.

Of the wilfullness of man.

And yet, GOD's always there.

Ready to help.

Ready to save.

Ready to listen.

We simply have to turn to him.

And turn from our old ways.

Accepting JESUS as our Savior.

We have no idea what we're missing.

Being born again helped me figure it all out.

Through SPIRIT.

More comforting posts here.


Related posts:

Bible DISCOVERY 20: WHY God ALLOWS Good and Evil to Coexist

GOD's LOVE

GOD of PEACE

SPIRIT of COMFORT

The PURPOSE of the HOLY SPIRIT

WHAT makes GOD answer a PRAYER?

King David's PSALM

Book of Psalms

On Psalms


Image: Clipart Library


PURPOSE of AFFLICTION

  Psalm 119:71 King James Version 71 It is good for me that I have been afflicted;  that I might learn thy statutes . Until GOD made me bor...